Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
Bushu Pharma, as a CMO, has a social and patient responsibility to ensure the smooth, continuous production of pharmaceuticals - even in the face of a national disaster.
Having developed the Bushu BCP Plan in 2019 through consultation with one of the highest regarded consulting firms in Japan, Bushu offers a very strong BCP system for its customers – allowing bulk and final product inventory to be reduced.
Further BCP strengths include:
- Our plants avoid potential damage by Tsunami as we are located 63.5km inland
- Our plants are located on hard strata, Kanto loam layer
- Our plants fulfill the earthquake resistance standards
- Power Generation System / Heavy oil supply (Self-Supply for 7 days)
- Recovery policy; we can recover 70% of manufacturing capacity within 15 days, and 100% of manufacturing capacity within 45 days.
Pandemic Policy (ex. COVID-19)
- Disseminate the “Plant Entrance guideline” to employees
- Prohibit entry to facilities except for employees
- Prohibit business trips and promote web-meetings
- Decrease the amount of on-site internal meetings
- Supply masks to employees
- Promote a tele-working system for indirect employees
- Increase ventilation capacity of plant
- Track patients who are infected or are possibly infected on a daily basis
- Prepare a system of compensation for absence from work for all employees
- Build the process flow of recovery plan (disinfect / collaboration with public health center)